UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In
UCTD Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UCTD Support Forum

Support Forum for people diagnosed with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thanks for starting this forum!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thanks for starting this forum! Empty Thanks for starting this forum! Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:57 pm

designkim

New to UCTD Forum

I was dx'd with UCTD with Raynaud's a couple of years ago. Except for the Raynaud's website, I never felt I fit anywhere. Yes, I have a few lupus-like symptoms and some RA, plus a host of odd dermatological issues. Not to mention the strange symptoms that seem to fit into all Autoimmune categories such as insomnia.

While I know that none of us have the same exact symptoms, it's comforting to find others to share with. Especially since the very name of our dx suggests to people who don't understand that we are not really sick.

Thanks again!

2Thanks for starting this forum! Empty Re: Thanks for starting this forum! Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:10 am

lauraz

New to UCTD Forum

I So agree...I wish more people could see this site..I feel more phycially "crippled" almost with each day as new symptoms come and go, but mostly come...very few "go". It should have a better name, but in the medical community, the word "undifferentiated" IS perceived as real...however, since it doesn't come with a set of instructions how to treat us, we often get swept under the rug. I LOVE when a doctor will tell me: That's OK, we will figure it out...it's when a doctor says (as my GP did) "Well, since it doesn't have a name, I can't comment on anything".
So I had to get "it" a name. I started with Raynaud's about 30 years ago. I never thought to tell anyone because I didn't think it was "serious" even though one of my toes was a lovely royal blue one day...then autonomic neuropathy, then UCTD.
It ALL connects. I thought I was through "fighting" once people started to hear about gastroparesis....now I almost feel like I am starting all over again..however, there is safety and power in #'s ! so we have to march on!
THANKS FOR STARTING THIS FORUM!
Laura

3Thanks for starting this forum! Empty You are so very welcome!!! Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:02 am

ynevar

ynevar
New to UCTD Forum

I am glad I did too! I know what we have fits in an autoimmune forum, but I think that it also gives a whole different set of circumstances that we are challenged with. The "Undifferentiated" automatically leads doctors to think it is MILD.... I beg to differ!!!

I am so very glad that this is gaining more people and I look forward to checking in to see posts!!!!

-Y

http://www.uctdsupport.forumotion.com

4Thanks for starting this forum! Empty Thanks . . . Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Nanna6

Nanna6
New to UCTD Forum

The only way to get others to come to our site is to "spread the word". The whole reason "Y" started this forum was she couldn't find any for UCTD. It took me years to even find any info on UCTD. There is plenty on MCTD but since the doctors say we don't really qualify because our medical issues don't go the full extent of having the "full blown condition yet" . . well that just leaves us out there all alone. There are starting to be little groups for UCTD but they just keep fizzling out; if we don't stay together somewhere we will never get to the bottom of our issues. How do you think FMS (fibromyalgia) or any of the other medical issues that at one time where considered "junk science" got there start. I was there on the first groups with FMS and now those tiny groups are huge groups making history. So please don't give up.
Hang in there . . it's a tough process, and it takes years. Sad, but so true . . 32 and counting for me! Glad to see others coming on board!

((hugs))
Nanna

5Thanks for starting this forum! Empty Re: Thanks for starting this forum! Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm

lauraz

New to UCTD Forum

[b]ABSOLUTELY!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum