UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In
UCTD Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UCTD Support Forum

Support Forum for people diagnosed with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ayurvedic Doctor

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Ayurvedic Doctor Empty The Ayurvedic Doctor Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:53 am

Bluetit

Bluetit
New to UCTD Forum

I’m 73, female, and have a 40-year-old tinnitus, a 30-year-old arthritis and a recently-diagnosed Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. I’ve been on Plaquenil and Prednisone for a month and a half, and have improved, but with ups and downs, and new symptoms cropping up constantly, I don’t know whether because of the evolution of my UCTD or as side effects of the medicines I’m taking.

A friend recommended a really good Ayurvedic doctor, a luminary of Maharishi Ayurveda. So I went. The doctor, without my saying anything, felt my pulse, and said: “There is a block in your lower abdomen; this is the cause of all your problems.” (He meant a block in the flow of energy.) With unbelievable accuracy, he pointed to all the painful areas in my body and to my ears, and added, “…your immune system too”.

He was considering all my body, not a separate set of symptoms. I thought, if such a good diagnostician is equally good as a therapist, I mustn’t miss this chance! So when he proposed a therapy, a long-term one, in addition to my present medications, I decided to follow it, because it might achieve a better overall balance of my organism, acting AT THE ROOT all my complaints.

Here is what the Ayurvedic doctor suggested. There will be a slight change in my diet (additions, not limitations). I will take several Indian herbs in pills, drink a small quantity of hot water once an hour, rub my skin with a special oil, and put drops in my nose ten times a day. Moreover I will have a physical therapy in the form of a massage called Suksma Marma.

Complicated, but absolutely worth it! My friend, who has Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis at an advanced stage, improved so much that her general practitioner, on seeing her latest blood tests, told her she could cut down the medication on which she depends! While Western medicine can only give you symptomatic cures and encouraging statistics, Maharishi Ayurveda offers real hope.

So I am very hopeful. We shall see.

Has anyone here had this experience?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum