UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In
UCTD Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UCTD Support Forum

Support Forum for people diagnosed with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Other Medications Do You Take For What Symptoms?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nanna6

Nanna6
New to UCTD Forum

I've been taking Plaquenil as my "everything" medication for a couple years and I'm not quite pleased with it right now. I've gone off it a few times over the years but always come back to it. But wonder now if there is something that might work better to handle the daily aches.
My main symptoms would fall in the Sjogrens, Lupus, Raynauds & OsteoArthritis catagory. And who knows what else. The big thing now is Celiac Disease; my sister was just diagnosed with this so it's something else to look at.
I was just wondering what meds others take. My other meds are: Ativan, Nexium, Lunesta, Atenolol, Tizanidine, Loperamide, Pilocarpine, Restasis, Vit D

2What Other Medications Do You Take For What Symptoms? Empty My Medications Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:11 am

ynevar

ynevar
New to UCTD Forum

I also take Plaquenil 400 mg

Other medications:
Tramadol 200 mg extended release 1x a day
Tramadol 50 mg instant release 2x a day
Vicodin PRN for pain as well 2x a day, if needed.

I also take supplements:

Vitamin D 2,000 IU's per day
B-Complex
Iron

I was taking Neurontin but I had no benefit, so we stopped that.

Not sure what is on the agenda for meds in the future but I am glad my doctors are working together and are on board for helping me.... what a relief!

-Y

http://www.uctdsupport.forumotion.com

designkim

New to UCTD Forum

I can't speak to the medications - my rheumatologist doesn't want to prescribe anything until absolutely necessary, so just supplements, healthy diet, yoga and a few OTC meds for me - but I want to comment about gluten intolerance. I have read quite a bit about people with autoimmune disease being gluten intolerant, though not usually to the point of Celiac. At my last rheumatologist appt., my doctor suggested I try to avoid gluten - actually before I remembered to ask her. But if your sister is full- fledged Celiac, it is reasonable to assume you may also be intolerant. It is certainly worth trying. You may even be able to reduce the meds you are currently taking.

Nanna6

Nanna6
New to UCTD Forum

designkim: I do try to go gluten free as often as I can and will be talking to my doc on my next appt in a few weeks. Would be nice to get rid of some meds - I do have other issues though from the accident that would have nothing to do with Celiac . . so we'll see.
ynevar: Is there a difference in the two Tramadols? I have two different ones, but they are even different then the ones you have listed. Just wondering if any of them are any better?

My next appt with my Rheumy is coming up and I'm hoping to switch to something other then Plaquenil for awhile. I'm not getting results right now and think it's time for a change. Will keep you posted.
flower

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum