UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In
UCTD Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UCTD Support Forum

Support Forum for people diagnosed with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome New Members!!!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Welcome New Members!!! Empty Welcome New Members!!! Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:19 am

ynevar

ynevar
New to UCTD Forum

Please take a minute to introduce yourselves!

I am so happy to have started this forum and to connect with others who are dealing with the same diagnosis!

I was diagnosed end of October 2010 when the results of my salivary gland biopsy came back inconclusive for Sjogren's Syndrome. The day of my biopsy I met with my Rheumatologist and asked him what he would diagnose me with if the salivary gland biopsy didn't indicate Sjogren's. He told me Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. This was the first time I had heard of this diagnosis. He started me on Plaquenil 400 mg and said that if it was Sjogren's that is what he would start me on, and regardless of the outcome of the diagnosis--he felt that my symptoms were significant enough for him to begin treatment anyway.

So once I found out the Sjogren's wasn't conclusive at this time, I started looking for information on UCTD. I didn't find any support forums and found some good but brief information. I decided to start a forum dedicated to UCTD.

I have to travel from Alaska to Seattle for Rheumatology visits and will likely be going to see a Gastroenterologist since I have serious problems with absorbing vitamins, most specifically - Riboflavin. I can't seem to absorb any detectable amount of B2 at all...

I am suffering from pain quite constantly and am really tired of it and hope I can get some relief at some point. I am meeting with a new primary care doctor next week and hope that he is able to better manage my care. My current PCP has not once called my Rheumatologist, and I have seen him twice over the period of a few months.

At any rate! Happy to see you all on the forum! I look forward to getting to know you and being a support.

-Y

Last edited by ynevar on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I didn't proof it! LOL)

http://www.uctdsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum