UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UCTD Support Forum
Welcome to the UCTD Forum! Please Log In
UCTD Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UCTD Support Forum

Support Forum for people diagnosed with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease

You are not connected. Please login or register

New person waving hello, trying not to drown - is anyone out there?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theoriginalhobbit

New to UCTD Forum

Hello if you are! My name is Theoriginalhobbit, but you can call me Hobbit, I guess! I'm a 37 year old mother of 4, diagnosed with UCTD last year. The quest of course, is ongoing, and the gaps between appointments seem to get longer and longer each time, but I'm trying to keep the hope up that we WILL eventually get somewhere.
It would be lovely to talk to other people in similar situations, with similar daily problems, so if you're around, please post!

Nic

New to UCTD Forum

Hi, I'm a 37 year old mother off 2, diagnosed yesterday with UCTD overlapped with RA & Lupus! What a mouthful. I'm happier to have a diagnosis but am I right in saying its just what they call it, if they can't give you a firm diagnosis of anything in particular?

Theoriginalhobbit

New to UCTD Forum

Hi Nic,
Nice to meet a similar person. How long have you been ill for? uctd is not an 'undiagnosis' but actually an illness on its own. I think of it as being like a step before Lupus/RA/etc, because your immune system attacks your body - enough to make you feel as s**t as the other ones do, but there's no damage done. I think mine's progressing into lupus as things are getting worse despite being on hydroxychloroquine, but it's a long wait between medical appointments!
I find my fatigue is the most debilitating thing, especially when the kids are around and need supervising/feeding/bum changes etc. I'm lucky enough that my husband is at home working, and I now have a PA who helps out for 10 hours a week, and that's made a huge difference for us, but it's still all a struggle! How are you finding things at the moment?

Nic

New to UCTD Forum

Hi, good to here from you. I've been unwell for just over a year. I agree about how long it feels between app's. I've been on Hydroxy for about 6 months, but just had some kind of flare up again. I'm on Prenisolone 10mg, but they want me to reduce. Started Gabapentin for neuropathy 2 wks ago. I'm lucky my kids are a bit older, 13 & 10, so can help out a bit, but struggle with housework & work, just gone back today after having 2wks off, horrible felling that people just don't understand. Keep in touch & tell me more about you're diagnosis & struggles.
Nic :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum